Do you have an 18 month old kid? If yes, you definitely would be aware of the thrash about of getting best montessori toys for 18 month olds. Montessori toys are designed and created for all children, who need to experiment through play and practical activities, having the opportunity to understand, make mistakes and try again! From the first years of life, the child needs a structured environment in which to be able to move independently and freely, without having to resort to the help of an adult.
For this reason, together with the child, we must create a favorable environment that stimulates him to make himself, glasses at hand, to be able to drink when he feels the need, toys to be able to play when he senses curiosity, joints and decanting to be able to experiment when you feel like it. For the child, the adult is a guide, a silent presence, which does not replace the child but who “works” with him. We advise all mothers to buy various Montessori toys to let your child choose.
You can also bring the Montessori method at home, with simple DIY montessori toys, the beauty is that everything you need is at home! On online shop you can find Best montessori toys for 18 months. There are many brands that have chosen to follow the montessori toys method but you should go with the best.
- 1 List of best montessori toys for 18 month old
- 2 Top Bright Activity Cube Toys | Montessori Toy for Kids
- 3 Rolimate Wooden Puzzle Shape Sorter | Educational Toy
- 4 Kids Musical Instruments Sets, 12pcs Wooden Percussion
- 5 Learning Resources Spike The Fine Motor Hedgehog
- 6 VTech Turn and Learn Driver
- 7 My First Crayola Touch Lights, Musical Doodle Board, Toy, Gift
- 8 LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet
- 9 Disney Minnie Mouse Quad 6V Battery-Powered Ride-On Toy
- 10 Bulldozer Dumper Cement Mixer Engineering Vehicles Toys
- 11 VTech Brilliant Baby Laptop (Frustration Free Packaging)
- 12 What Are Montessori Toys?
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- 14 Conclusion:
List of best montessori toys for 18 month old
Each side of this elephant activity cube encourages a different type of game. This activity cube includes many educational activities to help your child learn and keep him busy for a while.
And the brightly colored learning toys encourage them to explore the fun, exercise the child’s thin hand movements, promote their mathematical enlightenment and improve brain development. It’s the perfect gift for an 18 month old boy and girls.
- Safe and durable.
- Educational toy.
- Keep children busy.
- Encourage the children to explore.
- Help to learn mathematics.
- Best learning toys for 18 month old montessori.
Lily Dsouza said,
It’s really lovable coloring product that rotate on the nose and all the features on the sides. This product is safe without sharp edges or danger of peeling paint or suffocation risks like many others. Its top comes out and can play with that part separately.
Fun educational toys with various colors and shapes are suitable for children from 18 months old, helping children improve color recognition and shapes through play, while exercising the concept of child’s space and hands and eye-coordination skills.
The carefully selected rubber wood materials of children’s educational toys do not include toxic chemicals. It has passed the highest ASTM F963 in the United States and EN71 in Europe.
- Nontoxic material used in this montessori toys for 1-2 year olds
- Highly recommended
- Create Coordination skill
- creatively stacked
- Effectively improve child’s imagination.
- Its Montessori educational toys.
If you are looking best toys for 18 months old then this is an incredibly versatile toy! It’s a homeschooling toy for 18 months old. Different types of block puzzles of these child toys can be stacked creatively and effectively improve our child’s imagination. The learning toy column and whole design is perfect for playing in pair and It is one of the Best toys for 20 month old boy.
Not only does it create more interactions between parents and children by playing toys, but it also contributes strongly to children’s creativity, concentration, development and intelligence. The wide variety of instruments and sounds will help improve motor skills, hand-eye coordination and babies.
- Ensure safe and reliable for your kids.
- Children moving, grooving, and feeling the best with it.
- Easy to play.
- Easy to carry anywhere.
- Best entertainment for kids.
- Best wooden Montessori toys.
12-piece musical toys for children to move groove and feel the rhythm of children. Ideal and creative birthday present or Christmas gifts for children, boys and girls. Musical toys come with a high quality transparent compact case, convenient for your precious collectibles, easy to carry when you go out.
10 Best Sensory toys for 2 year olds | What to buy?
Now the refined intrinsic motor toys come with easy-to-grasp pieces of the right size for the hands of young and preschoolers. The fine motor set includes a 2-piece hedgehog of about 6 “in diameter, 12 spines and an activity guide. When playtime over then simply fit in the Hedgehog.
- Colorful quills help kids build color recognition.
- Children learn counting skills.
- Children learn motor skills.
- Easy to pack up.
- Best for 18 month old kids.
Lonny Wexler said,
This toy is super adorable. The older ones created color patterns, the center fit perfectly into the holes, and the younger one was able to pull them out and grab the “pens”. When finished, the pieces fit inside, facilitating storage. Parents can say it is Best toys for babies 3-6 months old.
Looking for a perfect Montessori gift for your child? Design of the children’s car toy encourages imaginative play with a traffic light, a signal lever that activates fun sounds and music; gear lever that pushes and pulls to introduce opposites and also known as Best Montessori toys for 2 year olds in whole USA as per survey conduct in 2016.
Driving Toy for Kids Includes 3 game modes so that you can driver learn in animal, guide and music modes. Over 60 songs, melodies, sounds and phrases
- It’s a sound game.
- Best animal guide game.
- A colorful toy.
- Amazing invention.
- Creative game for babies.
It is an excellent gift for a child from 18 months to 2 years; works with 2 AA batteries included for demonstration purposes only, use new batteries for regular use. Fabric care instructions: clean with a damp cloth.
Touch Lights Unit with 6 tracks, 12 light colors and instructions. My First Crayola Touch Lights is a confusing and portable doodle whiteboard that lights up and plays music. The sealed gel surface is safe for scribbling with your fingers and never leaves confusion. Also best montessori toys for 3 year olds.
- Portable toy.
- It’s a lightening game.
- Such a safe game.
- Perfect game.
- Make kids confuse and engage.
- Best Montessori toys for preschoolers.
It is best Montessori toys for 1,2,3,4 year old babies. This is best ever toy for babies. Your little one will enjoys hours of doodling fun each time they get to play with this colorful light up toy. The perfect gift idea for kid’s birthdays, holidays, and everyday gifting occasions.
Press the app and icons below or slide your fingers across the screen for a multicolored light show. Each action activates unique patterns of lights, colors and sounds. Just like Mom and Dad’s, this durable kids tablet features a Home button, 20 app icons and introduces letters, numbers, shapes, animals, colors and more.
To have fun with role-playing games, press the five dock icons and talk on the phone with Violet, explore the concepts of time, listen to Violet, play with the fake camera and listen to music
- It’s a unique pattern toy.
- A coloring and sound toy.
- Durable tablet toy.
- Best music toy.
- Best explorer toy.
- Best Montessori toys for infants.
This Montessori toys by the age of 18 is excellent. My son loved it and the feeling of seeing him when he opened it for his birthday almost made me cry. As if he was so happy. He plays it endlessly and the box has arrived in XD. And it is more similar to the touch buttons but still super resistant.
Ride in style with this exclusive Disney Minnie Mouse themed 6V hot rod battery ride on kid tracks. Capable of a forward speed of 1.5 MPH, this ride on the toy quad has an easy acceleration of the button which is perfect for small hands. Features such as tracks power tracks children’s tow tires for all-terrain performance make this toy adventurous, but safe Montessori toys for children.
- It’s really safe.
- Easy to use.
- Best o toddlers.
- Give the driving sense.
- Having very catchy color.
Kris Stuffy said,
I am so excited about this. I decided to assemble myself and it took about an hour. Keep in mind that I am a single mom and my 2 year old daughter tried to drive it while I was putting it together, so it was a lot of fun and that’s why it took me some time.
The indications are clear and this comes from someone who normally does not read the assembly instructions because I usually understand how to assemble things according to the image on the box (yes, I am my father’s daughter, who needs instructions- lol). It is best Montessori toys for two year olds kids.
A 6 V rechargeable battery with one step charging system with kid tracks direct connection ensures that fun is never more than a distance. This ride on ready-to-assemble toy ships has a maximum weight capacity of 45 pounds, is recommended for ages 18 to 30 months and has a 1-year limited warranty, with a 6-month limited battery warranty.
Some Montessori toys small hand suits a lot like this. Push and go toys help children learn different colors, shapes and functions of vehicles. Enhances the interest and curiosity of the child’s learning, stimulates his creativity. Push the friction-fed toys lightly; it will last for long distances.
Children like to play with happy engineering vehicles in the game room, sandbox and everywhere, transporting construction sites that carry sand and other materials.
- It’s a learning toy.
- It teach the children that how to use the vehicles.
- Increase the creativity in kids.
- 100% save.
- Its focus promoted montessori toys for 5 year olds.
Beverly / Raleigh said,
Our 15 month old grandson has so much fun with these little trucks. He teaches him to make noise (instead of toys that make noise) and pushing trucks to make them go while they run on the floor. The only negative is that the concrete truck has a small hole big enough to fit a little finger in it, so I kept it hidden from him until it gets a bit bigger. These trucks are so well made, that I sent to another kid for his first birthday.
It’s well done bright colors, excellent quality / price ratio.The construction vehicle toy set is made of high quality ABS plastic + alloy and other materials up to ASTM F963 and EN71 standards. No battery required 100% safe and environmentally friendly.8.3in. Bulldozer + 6.5 inches.Tractor with detachable trailer + 3.6 inches.Dumper + 3.6 inches. Cars for concrete mixers, Suitable for children aged 18 months and up.
Explore and learn with VTech’s Brilliant Baby Laptop; this travel ready toy laptop features nine brightly colored buttons and a mobile mouse that interact with the bright screen. Choose the animal mode to get to know the animals and their sounds, the form mode to explore colors and shapes or the music mode for a variety of songs and melodies here. It’s really cheap Montessori toys.
- It’s brilliant best learning toys for 18 month old montessori.
- Having a colored buttons.
- Mobile mouse is best toys for 1 year old.
- Awareness’ with animal’s sound.
- It’s has variety of songs in the montessori toys for 1-2 year olds.
Fantastic toy for my 6 month old baby; many sounds and lights to keep him interested! Loves to open and close the top, play with the mouse (it’s really nice how it moves!), and loves the rattle that turns when it’s closed.
Plays over 115 songs, melodies, sounds and phrases; opening and closing the laptop teaches opposites; the rotating roller develops motor skills.Features mouse in the shape of a mobile mouse; the sturdy carrying handle makes traveling fun easy; fun learning is just a click away.
What Are Montessori Toys?
The playroom is the perfect place to introduce your child to the Montessori method. But when stocking the shelves, how do you know what qualifies as a Montessori toy? Here’s what to look for:
- Natural materials.Toys made of wood, wool, cotton, metal, ceramic and even rock are Montessori staples, since they connect children to nature and are generally safer to mouth. Plus, “different textures, temperatures and weights help children refine their senses and give them more to learn about when holding a toy,” Holm says.
- No bells and whistles.Montessori toys are designed to encourage kids to explore and discover independently. So instead of going for tricked out toys that move and make sounds on their own, opt for passive toys that require your child to physically manipulate them and incorporate them into their pretend play.
- Realistic playthings. montessori toys for 12 18 months tend to be lifelike and rooted in reality, providing a great learning opportunity about the world around us. “Infants and young children don’t have a framework for what’s real and what’s fake,” Holm explains. “To them, a unicorn is just as likely to exist as a rhinoceros, because how would they know any different? It’s very confusing for them when we teach them about something and then says it’s not real.” Choosing between a stuffed dragon or elephant? Go with the animal that you and your child can later see and learn about in the zoo.
- One-task learning toys.Look for teaching toys that hone one skill at a time. montessori toys for 18-24 months should also have what’s called a built-in “control of error,” meaning kids will know if they’ve completed the task correctly.
- Toys with a purpose.Montessori toys can also be child-size items that allow kids to independently engage in job-like activities, like raking leaves. “Purpose draws a child in,” Holm says. ‘It makes him or her feel like a competent and important part of their world.”
With so many adorable Montessori toys now on the market, it can be tempting to cram your child’s nursery with a slew of playthings. Don’t. Or at least, don’t have them out all at once. “Part of the Montessori method is to only give children a few choices at a time, as not to overwhelm their young minds,” Lillard says. When faced with a looming pile of toys to choose from, it can be hard for kids to hone their concentration skills and ability to see an activity through to the end.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Question: What is a Montessori toy?
Answer: A Montessori toy is one that stimulates learning by encouraging children to experiment. It should be a toy that they can hold and touch, as learning how to manipulate objects is essential in helping children develop their fine motor skills.
Question:At what age is it better to start Montessori?
Answer: At White Bear Montessori School, the Toddler class includes children aged between 16 and 32 months, and we recommend starting your child in Montessori within 2.5 years.
Question:Why are Montessori wooden toys better than plastic?
Answer: There are many reasons why wooden toys are better, not only for your child, but also for the environment. They are more durable (produce less waste than their plastic counterparts), biodegradable and can even be made from sustainable wood.
Question:What are Grimm toys?
Answer: Grimm’s mainly produces wooden toys including puzzles, building blocks, rattles and stackers for children, dollhouses and dollhouse furniture, stackable rainbows of various sizes, cell phones, decorative objects, animals and sliding vehicles, and more . In 2013, Grimm’s started producing its own Waldorf doll line.
Question: Is montessori toys for 11 month old are good for child under 1 year?
Answer: While I believe montessori toys for 3-4 year olds suitable for all children under 6 yeaars, Montessori is not suitable for all families. … Montessori schools are more suitable for children than families in which there is respect for the child, the parent establishes few but clear limits and the child learns to respect and follow these limits.
Above are 10 best Montessori toys for 18 month olds that you should have at home. Every mom knows that carrying the burden of responsibility is bittersweet.
Your child will naturally gravitate towards them because two year olds are incredibly curious. Montessori “toys” should be presented to your child using a specific Montessori Method, but this is a post for another day. For the moment, I simply recommend placing one toy per area on the shelf and letting the child explore.
Remember that implementing Montessori philosophy in your home is a journey, best done step by step.