- 1 Green Toys Shape Sorter
- 2 Melissa and Doug Rainbow Caterpillar Gear Toy
- 3 Fat Brain Toys Squigz Starter Set
- 4 Hape Pound & Tap Bench with Slide-out Xylophone
- 5 First Builders Building Bag
- 6 Manhattan Toy Skwish Color Burst Grasping Activity Toy
- 7 Tegu Magnetic Blocks
- 8 Pidoko Kids Multi-Activity Center Tree
- 9 TOMY Toomies Sort and Pop UFO
- 10 Early Education Activity Centre
Toys are something every age group loves to play with, be it a toddler or even an adult like you and me. The only difference is we might think a rubric’s cube is a toy for us because it challenges our mental capability and helps us improve in that order. For a 1 year old, a toy can be anything, even a water bottle but it depends upon us that we provide them with the best development toys for 1 year old to help them challenge and simultaneously improve mental capabilities. To help parents choose the most efficient toys, we have formulated a list of the best development toys for 1 year old.
|Green Toys Shape Sorter|
|Melissa and Doug Rainbow Caterpillar Gear Toy|
|Fat Brain Toys Squigz Starter Set|
|Hape Pound & Tap Bench with Slide-out Xylophone|
|First Builders Building Bag|
|Manhattan Toy Skwish Color Burst Grasping Activity Toy|
|Tegu Magnetic Blocks|
|Pidoko Kids Multi-Activity Center Tree|
|TOMY Toomies Sort and Pop UFO|
|Early Education Activity Centre|
Green Toys Shape Sorter
The My First Green Toys is a renowned toy making company that invests in toys which are not only just fun to play with but are brightly colorful for the right age groups to attract them towards it. Hear me out because these toys are not just any toys, Green Toys shape shifter is one of the best development toys for 1 year old because it challenges the toddler to put blocks and other pieces of shapes into their rightfully shaped holes. This help in not just the mental development but also the efficient body muscle coordination while putting in the effort to insert these blocks.
- This Green Toy shape sorter is made out of 100% recycled plastic. Thus you do not need to feel bad while buying it.
- This shape sorter comes in green and blue colors using soy ink.
- Toddlers have a habit of getting anything they can get their hands on and putting it in their mouth. This can actually be harmful; thus, Green Toys Shape Sorter is have made their equipment with no sharp edges and even easier to clean.
- This toy helps the child to enlighten motor skill development.
- The shape sorter is a rotatable head is a two-part toy and consists of 8 brightly colored shapes to be sorted- 2 stars, 2 circles, 2 squares, and 2 triangles.
- It is completely environmentally friendly
- Lightweight shapes and easy for tiny hands to get a hold of
- No sharp edges
- Shapes can get lost. No replacements.
Melissa and Doug Rainbow Caterpillar Gear Toy
Melissa and Doug is yet another toy making company that believes in the role of toys and what children play a role in their development. Thus, the Melissa and Doug Rainbow Caterpillar Gear Toy has made it to the best development toys for 1 year’s list. Here is the thing, this toy is so fascinating to play with that I would want it for myself. It is basically a chain of segments of caterpillars which are interlocked into one another. When you move one, all of the other segments move along in a literal crawling motion. These gears are colorful to seek the much-deserved attention from your toddler and are placed onto color-coordinated pegs for color identification. Your toddler can then rotate these gears, remove them and then rearrange them as well.
- The toy consists of 6 removable gears, each in a different color.
- It consists of a solid wooden board to place your caterpillar on and has cute little caterpillar feet painted on it.
- The front-most red caterpillar segment has a smiling face, imitating the one soon your child will have.
- Helps in pattern recognition
- Attractive colors
- Removable pieces can get lost
Fat Brain Toys Squigz Starter Set
As the name suggests, Fat Brain Toys work hard to create something which will be able to challenge the child, mentally and physically. It is one of the best development toys for 1 year old, and here is why these are packets full of joys. Different colored squigz have a suction mechanism which enables them to not only stick with one another but any flat surface at all. They are literally ‘Fun little suckers!’
- These little squigz are made up of 100% silicone with no BPA or Latex material used in their production.
- It contains a collection of pips, doodles, grippities, yoinks, skooches, gobnobs, wonkity, and zorbit. Take a minute to pronounce these, this squig starter set is exactly this fun.
- Each of these pieces is flexible and easy to pull apart with a ‘pop.’
- It also encourages creativity, interacts with different objects, and improves motor skills.
- Can stick on any flat surface thus helps the child to think out of the box
- This toy tends to relax and work on sensory stimulations of your child.
- Pieces can get lost if not maintained in a bag
Hape Pound & Tap Bench with Slide-out Xylophone
This musical experience is what your child needs to hear every now and then to enlighten their moods. Hape Pound and Tap Bench are much more than just mere toy. This is indeed one of the best development toys for 1 year old. Here is why that is so;
- This is made out of wood and is hard to break; thus, it is durable.
- It contains a xylophone which is removable, and the keys are rainbow colored which will attract even more attention.
- Three brightly colored balls are also placed on top of it which are removable.
- These balls are placed above the xylophone in holes through it can be pounded upon with the help of the millet. When that happens, it produces a fun musical tone.
- It also comes with a plastic mallet to play the xylophone.
- The paint finish is child safe and non-corrodible.
- This toy tends to relax and work on sensory stimulations of your child.
- Multiple Activities within a single toy
- Attractive musical tone
- The toy will age with your child because of many features, such as the removable xylophone.
- No cons as such
First Builders Building Bag
We all are aware that building blocks are what literally builds up a child development process, what else could be the reason for them to be the best development toy for one-year-old. This is why they existed since the longest time. Parents can literally monitor the child’s development by how creative they tend to be with these easy to play blocks. Some of the main features are enlisted below:
- It contains huge sized blocks which are choking hazard free since children tend to put toys in their mouths as well.
- These are precisely 80 classic-colored blocks, which also include some specific special shapes for children to get creative with.
- These are specifically designed to be held by small hands, but they do not fail to entertain the elders either, like you and me. Sitting with your toddler and make buildings out of these blocks will not only help your child to understand the use of these blocks but also build a better interactive connection between the two of you.
- Safe from choking hazards
- These blocks come with a storage bag because they know how messy it can get.
- Multiple sensory and cognitive stimulations help the child to do better
- A call to the inner builder
- Pieces can get lost if not maintained in the bag proper;y/
Manhattan Toy Skwish Color Burst Grasping Activity Toy
One year olds are all about grasping new things and putting them in their mouth, such as this color burst grasping activity toy, well can you blame them? It’s multiple and extremely interesting features are what makes it the best development toy for 1 year old. What does it even include to make it this interesting? Read on.
- This is both, a teether and a rattle, all a 1 year old look in a toy, i.e. something that makes sound and can be put into their mouths.
- It contains multi-sensory rattle with several sticks to grasp it from those tiny little cute hands.
- Skwishy little handles and balls on their edges are also placed for teething.
- It contains wood construction as well to always bring back from distorted shapes that your toddler pulls it into.
- This toy has a water-based finish, which is also non-toxic.
- A teether helps in the development of the 1 year old’s teeth strength.
- Does not break by being thrown
- The wood may begin to splinter after a long while. It would be needed to re-finished.
Tegu Magnetic Blocks
Tegu Magnet Blocks are yet another amazing toy for your toddlers to play along. Being one of the best development toys for 1 year old, these 14 piece block set is just what your child needs.
- Heirloom quality toy that tends to last more than you can imagine.
- The material used is to make this toy is naturally safe. There is no lead used, no plastic, non-toxic, water-based lacquer finish, and no small parts at all to avoid choking hazards.
- Brings out the inner builder of your child.
- Help in improving and enhancing motor skills, balance, sense if scale, problem-solving, and even storytelling.
- Improves imagination.
- Magnet toys can be harmful if put somewhere near electronic gadgets such as laptops and mobiles.
Pidoko Kids Multi-Activity Center Tree
This toy is large and entertaining enough to keep your child engaged for several hours each day, which is why it is one of the best development toys for 1 year old. It contains all the doors that lead to limitless imagination for your child. It is shaped like a huge tree, most of the size of your toddler. Why would you consider buying this amazing tree for your 1 year old? Read on.
- The Pidoko Kids Multi-Activity Center Tree is a larger wooden tree which can be put together by anyone in minutes.
- The material is a strong and rigid wood which can endure any accidents. It is child-friendly, which makes it safe for children to play with. It is crafted to be in the shape of a tree with numerous activities like jungle themed one. In it, there are peep holes, doors, beaded rings, and much more.
- This toy is designed for all areas where children can be, nurseries, schools, playgrounds, a play station anywhere you want.
- The height goes up to 24 inches.
- Opens a world of imagination
- Easy to put together
- Multiple activities and games within one toy
- Improves problem-solving techniques, pattern recognition encourages learning behavioral through experience and experiment.
- Screwdriver used to fix the tree has to be a 90-degree one specifically.
TOMY Toomies Sort and Pop UFO
This toy can be bundles of joy with its attractive techniques to capture the little rug-rats all day long. It is not only a stationary toy but also has action, who does not love action? Want to know more about the TOMY Toomies sort and pop? Read on to know why it has been included in the best development toys for 1 year old.
- A UFO shapes toy with 5 different colored shapes attached to the alien spacecraft. When the alien is pressed, these shapes pop off the toy and needs to be sorted to put back in pace.
- This toy is made of 80% plastic and with no batteries required.
- Weighs only 907 grams
- Teaches children to sort out shapes, thus help in cognitive and muscular coordination.
- No batteries required
- No cons as such
Early Education Activity Centre
Activity centers are indeed the best development toys for 1 year old because they are a jam-packed fun train on their own. Read on for specific features.
- Includes 7 activities; microphone, car driving steering, and rotating gear flashing light drum, bead roller, hammer bead, and an activity box.
- Made from a durable plastic material.
- The size is 29.5*29.5*23.5*
- Each activity helps to develop different qualities in your child
- The required batteries come along the toy in the box
- Suitable size for toddlers
- Requires batteries